Kim Hunter on Marlon Brando: Images, Smells, Sensations



Interview with Kim Hunter
Conducted by James Grissom
NYC
1989


You just don't get over someone like Marlon [Brando] easily, and I didn't. He spoiled me. He spoiled me for acting and for discussion and for beauty. You have to understand that we consummated that marriage every night on the stage for many months, and then again on the film set. We were there--fully--for each other. I can still smell him--clean and sweet, a muscular baby--and I can feel that back and those lips. What no one could hear or see is that he was murmuring in my ear as Stanley would. Oh, look, enough of this! I could go on, and I have a husband sitting over there [Robert Emmet], but I still carry those images and those smells and those sensations. Let's just leave it at my initial statement: One just doesn't get over someone like Marlon.



© 2014  James Grissom


Comments

Popular Posts